Friday 18 January 2013

Progress on PhD

I've made a little progress on my knitted sampler rug. Unfortunately, it's been a real challenge to blog about it but I'm here today and I'm sharing my progress so far.

I'm trying to set myself a goal of one block a day minimum. I foolishly believed this was achievable but of course, life happens and sometimes it just isn't so.

Since blogger will only allow me to upload images from my phone but won't let me add info about each image underneath, I will come back as soon as possible and add the info on each block.

Until then, have fun, behave and get to work on those PhD's ;-)

Before you go, how hot was it on the east coast today? We hit a top of 46 degrees here plus an outbreak of bush fires made for an awful day in NSW.
Although I'm located about an hour and a half north of Sydney, the last image below, shows just how hot it was in Sydney today.
Take care in that heat and stay safe with these fires.

This block is called "Chain Gang"
Black: Vintage 8ply pure wool from my Nan's (Gladys) Stash
Purple: Hand dyed yarn from Forest Hill Hand Dyed Yarn, purple trim from Peacock Feathers 


This block is called "Little Blocks"
Mauve: Moda Vera 8ply Pure wool


This block is called "Lace Chevrons"
Light Blue: Moda Vera 8 ply pure wool



This block is called "Offset"
Multicolour: This gorgeous yarn colour is called "Monty Python" and is from Forest Hill Hand Dyed Yarn
Mustard: Moda Vera 8 ply pure wool


And this, as you can see, is depicting just how very hot it was here on the east coast

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Rochelle... any progress on your Phd is great. Love the pic of Sydney harbour (without the water) it's fantastic. You never think of what the land would look like if it dried up???

    ReplyDelete