Monday 31 December 2012

HaPpY NeW YeAr!!!!

Well, I guess you have already noticed that I have been a little absent from my blogging duties. I am such a bad blogger.
It has been an absolute whirlwind here the last few weeks. I resigned from the job I loved for so many reasons but the only reason I can mention here is because of my poor health. It was quite devastating. But thank goodness, that is all over now.

As a result of the stress I was feeling at work and the coinciding phone call from my husband, I managed to swiftly go back into shock and found myself back to square one. That combined with the little "procedure" I had in hospital a couple of weeks ago, I have really been hit for a six!

The little "procedure" was to have a curette, some biopsies done and an IUD inserted to stop the menacing hemoraghing that has been plaguing me the last two years. It was crucial I have something done ASAP as I almost bled out and didn't even realise just how incredibly close to death I really was. Then the night my husband called with some bad news for me, I had my very first appointment with my ObGyn, where she very quickly told me she thought I had uterine cancer and that she needed me in hospital within the next three days. This is what led to the biopsies, curette and IUD and as you can well imagine, left my head spinning. (For those of you who don't know, my husband and I are no longer together).

I have since developed an infection and I do believe an allergy to the IUD but I can't be sure as nothing is open over the Christmas/New Year break so I can be checked out. I have been prescribed antibiotics but I have since developed a chest infection and a sinus infection and goodness knows what else. I'm sure I that was a lung I just coughed up :-(

So I am sitting here on New Years Eve, all alone, as sick as a dog, as crook as Rookwood and not a soul to comfort me or keep me company. My head is pounding, my chest is tightening and I feel like death warmed up. It is an awful 38 degrees celsius (100.4F), it's humid, muggy, sticky and gross. I dream of a land covered in snow and ice that will cool my aching body.

So, for me, I am quite happy to see the end of 2012, although I must admit, there were some really GREAT times to be had. I became so much stronger than I ever imagined I could possibly be and I moved forward with my head held high. I have overcome so many hurdles, obstacles and challenges, OK, so maybe not always with a smile on my face, but I have overcome, I have triumphed and I have survived.

As I sit here on the precipice of 2013, I find myself very proud of what I have overcome but I can also see so many areas of my life in which I can make improvements. I am not perfect, so very far from it but I can see some parts of me that I can certainly work on in 2013.

What about you? Have you overcome any challenges, obstacles or hurdles in this last year? Can you see anything in or of yourself that you would like to improve in 2013?

I'd like to share with you with this beautiful image of Newcastle that I captured. That is Fort Scratchley there on the hill. I love this photo, because it is not a part of Newcastle that is often seen - well not from this angle anyway ;-)

I am so looking forward to what 2013 has in store for my family and I. I hope you are too <3

With that, I am planning on participating in Chantelle's (of Fat Mum Slim) Photo A Day Challenge
for January;

How about you? Would you like to join in too? It could be fun, promise :-)
Just go HERE to learn about how to join in. It's not too late.

And I will leave you with this;
Now is the time to meditate on this past year, on memories had, friends and family we have loved, lost and also missed, the work we did, and time we spent. Now is the time to plan, think of the future, and start again.
Whether you put down a vice, pick up a good habit, or continue as you were, may your year be pleasant and spirited. Happy New Year, may it be a good one, and just as Sydney Smith said;

“Resolve to make at least one person happy every day, and then in ten years you may have made three thousand, six hundred and fifty persons happy, or brightened a small town by your contribution to the fund of general enjoyment.” -Sydney Smith
English writer, Anglican cleric, wrote a poem about salad dressing

HaPpY NeW YeAr....

Oh, and I do not have thise biopsy results as yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment