Sunday 21 October 2012

Welcome to the very first post of "Gladys and Maude"


Hello and welcome to the very first post of Gladys and Maude.

I guess you are wondering what Gladys and Maude is all about?

Gladys and Maude was born out of a desire to create, reuse, recycle and upcycled beautiful fabrics, notions and embellishments just like my Grandma, Gladys used to. She was my inspiration, my teacher, my mentor and my best friend. Most of the things I design and create are because of her.
Maude, was my other Gran. I know she was an amazing lady too by the way her family speak of her. I only wish I had been given a chance to know her. She passed away when I was 18 months old but her legacy lives on. I know she was a creator, recycler, upcycler also.

Gladys and Maude is in their honour. I hope to create and share my fabric, yarn, thread, ribbon, lace, button, vintage, retro, recycled, upcycled exploits here with you. You will find items of interest to purchase including fabric bunting, purses, wallets and hopefully quilts as well.
I hope you enjoy...

So I welcome you once again to Gladys and Maude and I look forward to meeting you here.

In the meantime, have a fabulous day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment